The Defeat of Jesse James Days (DJJD) run is sponsored by the Northfield Area Foundation as a fund raising activity. Proceeds from the run help support Northfield area charitable organizations like the Community Action Center,Laura Baker School,and Northfield schools.
The 5K race / walk is a moderate layout course through the streets of Northfield. The 15K run is more challenging with several tough hills going through the farm country east of town. Both runs finish at the original First National Bank building where the townspeople of Northfield,in 1876,stopped a bank robbery by the notorious James-Younger gang.
- Start at 8:00 AM – Sunday,September 8,2013
- Register Online HERE
- Download PDF entry form HERE!
- Download PDF race information and FAQ’s (also found in the content of these pages)
- Course map 5K and 15K HERE
- Telephone Bill Bleckwehl: 612 481 7550
- Race Day Registration/Packet Pick-up:6:30 AM – 7:45 AM at the National Guard Armory (519 Division St,Northfield).
- A custom designed t-shirt is available for each registrant. Those whose registration is received by September 2nd or after,you may have to wait for your shirt. In the event that we have to re-order,your shirt will be mailed.
- Aid Stations:Aid stations will be located at the 2 mile mark of the 5K race and at the 2,4,6 and 8 mile marks of the 15K race.
- Safety Concerns:No in-line skates,bicycles,or pets are allowed on the course. Baby-joggers are welcome. Head phones are permitted but please use caution as the race courses are not closed to traffic.
- Age Groups/Awards:Top female and male finishers in both the 5K &15K races in the following age groups:
- Wheelchair Division:Top 3 finishers in each race will receive an award.
- Charity:Your old running shoes are welcome!!! Please drop your old running shoes off at the registration area. Shoes will be donated to “MARY’S PLACE”,a non-profit,transitional housing center for homeless individuals in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
- Proceeds for the event go to the Northfield Area Foundation,a grant giving organizations serving the Northfield area non-profit groups. www.northfieldareafoundation.org