The Defeat of Jesse James Days 15K Run & 5K Run/Walk is sponsored by Northfield Shares as a fundraising activity. Proceeds from the run help support their mission of advancing philanthropy, inspiring volunteerism and promoting collaborative leadership.
The 5K Run/Walk is a moderate layout course through the streets of Northfield. The 15K Run is more challenging with several tough hills going through the farm country east of town. Both runs finish at the original First National building where the townspeople of Northfield, in 1876, stopped a bank robbery by the notorious James-Younger gang.
Come for the race, stay for the raid.
- Race day registration and packet pick-up: 6:30 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. at the National Guard Armory (519 Division Street)
- Race starts at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 7, 2014
- Aid stations will be located at the 2-mile mark of the 5K race and at the 2-, 4-, 6- and 8-mile marks of the 15K race.
- No in-line skates, bicycles or pets are allowed on the course. Baby-joggers are welcome. Head phones are permitted, but please use caution as the race courses are not closed to traffic.
- Awards will be given to the top female and male finishers in each age group for both the 5K and 15K races.
- Age Groups: 14 & under, 15–19, 20–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–69, 70+
- Wheelchair Division: Top three finishers in each of the two races will receive an award.
- A custom-designed T-shirt is available for each registrant. Those whose registration is received by September 2, or after, may have to wait for their T-shirts. In the event that we have to re-order, shirts will be mailed.
- Contact Bill Bleckwehl with questions: 612 481 7550
- If you have gently used running shoes you’d like to donate, please drop them off at the registration area. Shoes will be donated to Mary’s Place, a nonprofit, transitional housing center for homeless individuals in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
- Proceeds from the event go to Northfield Shares, our community foundation working to advance philanthropy, inspire volunteerism and promote collaborative leadership. For more information, please visit northfieldshares.org.